Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
0

My Pregnancy Must-Have

Sorry I've been away for so long.
I've been busy. 
Busy with my trips. Trips to the toilet.
Busy planning. Planning to have an early night, every night.
Yet things always happen to alter that very carefully laid out plan.
Things like heartburn. Leg cramps. A blocked nose.

My only comfort at night is my trusted friend, Vicks VapoRub. I would smear it all over my nose and parafiltrum (the skin between the nose and upper lip. New word...yay!). I would even slather in on my neck. Poor David. Gone are the nights when I used to go to bed smelling of some sort of flower or fruit. He now has a very big girl climbing into bed reeking of mentholatum fumes.

Vicks Vaporub has always comforted me. It transports me back to my childhood. The smell reminds me of those sleepless nights brought on by a stuffy nose. I would tiptoe into my parents' room . Mama, sensing her troubled child was standing next to her would always take me back to my bedroom. And there began the ritual of slathering Vicks VapoRub to soothe me back to sleep.

Pregnancy has made my skin extra dry. Naturally, my dependency on lip balms has increased. And because my sense of smell is extra "special" now, I find that I can only use selected lip balms which do not have an overpowering fragrance. I tried the fragrance-free ones, oooh but they were "too" fragrance-free that they just smelled like wax or a box of crayon. So this is where the Banana Boat lip balm comes in handy.


Smelling like bubble gum, they received the thumbs-up from Mr. Schnoz. I now keep a stick on my bedside table, in the bathroom, in the living room, in my handbag and at work. I would have one in the car too but from experience, you will only be left with nothing but a melted waxy mess in your glove compartment if you park outdoors under the afternoon sun.

Of course pregnancy would not be complete without a dry itchy belly. I was lucky that I stumbled upon Bella B's Tummy Honey Butter. I started using this in the early stage of my pregnancy and found that it has done wonders for me. It smells simply exotic to me, like mango and tea leaves in a tub. Funnily, I don't smell a hint of honey at all.

After every shower, I would rub this butter liberally all over my belly. It starts off a little greasy but as you massage it into your skin, you will find that it is easily absorbed and does not leave a greasy residue on your clothes. Your skin remains well hydrated throughout the day and you can actually still get a whiff of mango on your skin. Yummy!
I have not suffered from an itchy belly and so far, am not seeing any stretch marks yet. However, I am aware that I am only into my 30th week and that the marks may only plague you in the last month of pregnancy. Either way, I am prepared for them. If i don't get any, I'll count myself lucky. If I do, oh well..I'll just think of them as badges of honour I have received for carrying my little girl in my belly for nine months :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top